.NET Software Engineer / Developer
We are seeking experienced .NET Software Engineers to join our team of Digital Forensic Scientists. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to work with a cutting edge team designing and developing software solutions that make a difference.
The successful candidate will join our development team supporting the software requirements for our industry-leading browser forensic analysis and data recovery software. Your role includes developing software using the latest development tools, and delivering solutions to one of the most exciting industries around. Your aim is to provide practical solutions to forensic scientists looking to extract digital evidence from a variety of devices such as computers and mobile telephones.
We have a real passion for software which is strongly aligned with our passion for digital forensics. We encourage self-development, new ideas and better ways of doing things. We are a small and fast moving team, and each team member is expected to contribute and own their area of expertise. Our clients are demanding, and driven – and we have the team to match. We keep up to date with development technologies and methodologies, and use predominately Microsoft Visual Studio, Atlassian JIRA and Confluence.
Candidates must be ambitious, passionate, self motivated and possess an extremely high attention to detail. You will need to be able to understand and communicate effectively within your own and supporting teams. You will need to have a logical thought process to assist in designing the best possible solution to new products and features.
- At least 5 years commercial .NET development experience
- Strong VB.NET and C# development skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong object oriented design and development skills
- Experience of reverse engineering binary file formats and data storage
- Passionate about developing and delivering advanced technical solutions
- An effective communicator at all levels with the personal motivation and confidence to have a positive impact
- Strong technical documentation abilities
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of MySQL and SQLite
- Quality focused
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Effective team player
- Able to thrive in a highly competitive and demanding environment
- A drive to succeed
- An acute attention to detail
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of file system architecture
- Knowledge of data recovery techniques
- Experience in developing digital forensic solutions
- Experience in performing digital forensic analysis
- Experience in developing data recovery solutions
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA/Confluence
- Experience with DevExpress Winforms Controls
- Microsoft Certifications
Closing Date: 28th July 2017. Salary up to £45,000 depending upon experience. Please submit a CV using the link below.